Tile setters are responsible for installing tile on walls, ceilings, floors, and other surfaces in buildings and residences.
Students in Tile Setting are trained in the following subject areas:
- Using a variety of tools to cut and shape tile
- Installing tile on different surfaces in floors, walls, and ceilings
- Soundproofing and waterproofing different surfaces in homes or other buildings
- Grouting and polishing tile
- Aligning and straightening tile using levels, squares, and straightedges
Before entering the program, students must:
- Complete all required activity in the Career Preparation Period, including Career Exploration and Career Success/Workplace Skills.
- Meet basic academic requirements in math and reading.
As a Job Corps student, you will have the opportunity to earn credentials in your training area that may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages, and promotions.
Tile Setting Numbers to Know
National average earning potential for this career
Completion times vary by training area. Check with your admissions advisor.
While on the job, you will be expected to display the following traits at all times:
Attention to detail
Commitment to safety